She uses her own photographs as source material as well as appropriated images from a variety of media.
These images are the principle source for series of paintings and collages that are informed by a particular place yet allow for a universal resonance. They explore the possibility of multi-layered narratives: the sense of places known and unknown – incidents remembered and imagined – the elusive nature of memory, both collective and personal.
‘I was immediately drawn to her epic, cinematic landscapes. I kept wanting to return to their stillness and mystery.’
James Walmsley. Curator and Director Artland Gallery
Her interest in abandoned sites containing resonances of social, political and historic shifts has resulted in travel to places such as a shelled Roma village in Kosovo and an ex Soviet Military Airbase on the Baltic coast.
She was visiting lecturer in Fine Art at the University of Bolton 2003-2008 and has exhibited widely in London and the UK as well as internationally.
Work is held in the collection of Salford Museum and Art Gallery, South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust and Halliwells as well as private collections in the UK, Europe and America.
Selected Solo Exhibitions
- 2013 Temporary Shelter, Lowry Hotel, Manchester
- 2009 Butterflies in Rain, Artland Gallery, Manchester
- 2006 All The Empty Places, Cornerstone Gallery, Liverpool
- 2006 A Place Apart, Lowry Hotel, Manchester
- 2005 Cold Front, Atkinson Gallery, Southport
- 2004 Letters Never Sent, Comme Ca Art Gallery, Manchester
- 2001 In a Room, Chorlton Mill Gallery, Manchester
- 2000 Dreams and Visions, Wythenshawe Hospital, Manchester
- Selected Group Exhibitions
- 2016 Olydo Berlin 2016, Deutsche Kreditbank AG, Berlin
- 2015 Forgotten Stories, International Peace Conference, Liverpool Hope University
- 2014 Ten, Cornerstone Gallery, Liverpool
- 2013 Land,Sea and Sky, Chapel Gallery, Ormskirk
- 2012 Genius Loci : A Sense of Place, Store Street Gallery, London
- 2012 Nature as Mind, Redchurch St Gallery, London
- 2010 London Art Fair and Art London, Four Square Fine Arts
- 2009 Xmas Exhibition, Four Square Fine Arts, Cork St. London
- 2009 Art Territories, Capital of Culture Project, Vilnius, Lithuania
- 2008 Edgecentrics, Williamson Tunnels Heritage Centre, Liverpool
- 2005 Mind Where You Look, Gallery Oldham and Fairfield Hospital
- 2004 Ritual Bodies,The Walker, Liverpool
- 2003 Thermo 03, The Lowry, Salford
- 2003 Starting a Collection, Art First, Cork St. London
- 2001 Paperworks, Bury Art Gallery
- 2001 Corpus, Storey Gallery, Lancaster
- 2000 Beginnings, Whitworth Art Gallery, Manchester
- 1999 Networking, P-House Gallery, Tokyo and New York
- 1998 Past Impressions/New Perspectives, Commission for Salford Art Gallery
- 1998 Bible of Networking, Konstakuten Gallery, Stockholm
- 1997 Intalinka Lannemaa Gallery, Estonia and Chapman Gallery, Salford University